Outer Cape Kiting
Kite Flying Agreement
Outer Cape Kiting Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement
By booking a flying lesson you also agree to the following Outer Cape Kiting of Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk. If you don’t agree with these terms, you should not book a flying reservation.
For good and valuable consideration, I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that I have read and agree that:
1. There are elements of risk in flying sport kites and its associated activities. Although Outer Cape Kiting has taken reasonable steps to provide me with appropriate equipment and guidelines, I understand that the activity is not without certain risk.
2. Although the risk of injury from this activity is low, I am aware that the activity still entails some risks of injury. I understand that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury or illness as a result of participation in the activity.
3. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even arising from the negligence of the Releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
4. I assume full responsibility for myself and any minor children for whom I am responsible, for any bodily injury, accident, illness, and loss of or damage to personal property arising out of any accident which may occur while renting. I agree to pay for damage to any equipment that resulted from my rental, but not to exceed total cost of rented equipment.
5. I acknowledge Outer Cape Kiting and its agents and/or employees and their licensees, have been granted the right to enter the properties (the “Premises) adjacent to Campground Beach (500 Shurtleff Road, Eastham MA), including access to the adjacent tidal flats, to use the Premises for the purposes of kite flying. I agree to leave said Premises and all property located thereon, in as good order and condition as they were immediately prior to any use of said Premises. I agree that I will hold the owner of the Premises, including without limitation the tidal flat owner, harmless of any negligence and waive any and all right to sue the owner of said Premises for any injury, accident, illness, and loss of or damage to person and/or property as a result of my used of said Premises.
6. I further acknowledge that I have read this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement and fully understand its terms. I hereby forever fully release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless Outer Cape Kiting (the “Releasee”) and its agents and/or employees, from all liability – including but not limited to: any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any injury or disability I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, as related to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin.
“Outer Cape Kiting made it real easy to book a lesson with them, and then teach me how to fly solo within an hour!”
“I would highly recommend getting a lesson from Outer Cape Kiting. These guys know how to teach you everything you need to know to quickly have fun in the sky!”
“It saved me so much time in learning the basics, along with minimizing the frustration of learning how to fly on my own.”